The Colour House Refund Policy
For most products, you have 28 days to notify the Partner – the small business who created your items – if you want to return or exchange the item. You then have another 14 days to send them back. The return period will expire 28 days from the day on which you receive the goods you have ordered. This applies to cancellable goods (there’s a guide below to help you see what’s cancellable and what isn’t).
How to cancel your order, or return or exchange a product
Contact the Partner to let them know that you wish to cancel your order, or return or exchange a product by either:
- contacting the partner directly through the customer service page where you will find their contact details.
- asking us to do this on your behalf - note that this may add a delay with the extra step added to the process
- If already received, package the item up and send it back to the Partner within 14 days of letting us know that you want to cancel your order and return the product (we recommend you use a signed-for delivery service with proof of postage). Please note that you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the product.
As the seller’s payment agent, we will process the refund directly to your payment card, in no more than:
- 14 days after the day the product is received by the Partner; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the date you provide evidence that you have returned the product to the Partner; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which you informed the Partner or us (via Step 1 above) about your decision to cancel your order.
Please don’t destroy or throw away any product and where relevant the external packaging, even if it’s faulty, before you’ve spoken to the Partner and agreed that doing so won't affect any refund you may be entitled to.
Please note that you are liable for any diminished value of the product resulting from the handling of the product in any way other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product while you are responsible for it (this includes, in the context of a return, when the product is in transit back to the Partner).
Please note that if you request to begin the performance of a service during the above cancellation period that you will be liable to pay for the service you received prior to your communication to us that you intend to cancel the contract. This may apply to you if you have purchased an experience with us.
All Partners comply with our returns policy, giving you peace of mind when ordering. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us by submitting a request to speak to our customer service team.
What you can’t send back
Unfortunately, some items are non-cancellable and non-refundable:
- Anything that’s made to your specific requirements (ie: outside of standard customisation options offered by the Partner to all customers), is personalised or otherwise can't be resold due to a bespoke element
- Creative pieces that are specially commissioned when you place an order, like art, furniture, sculptures and ceramics